SABB provides free of charge Credit Protection in the unfortunate event of total and/or permanent disability or death by settling the entire outstanding balance of your Credit Card.
SABB is proud to be the first bank in the Kingdom to provide Credit Protection absolutely free of charge to its customers.
Limit of protection
- Classic/Silver cardholders: 100% of the outstanding balance up to SAR 50,000
- Premier, Advance, Platinum & Titanium : 100% of the outstanding balance up to SAR 75,000
Note: Credit Protection is limited to an aggregate limit of SAR 100,000 on all types of Credit Cards held by the Primary Cardholder.
In the event of a claim
Call the SABB Takaful Service Centre on 800 126 0006 and submit the relevant documents within 60 days of the incident.
SABB Credit Shield - exclusions
- Primary Cardholders below the age of 18 and above 64
- Engaging in or training for any dangerous or hazardous sports, competitions or activities. Hazardous sports or activities may include the following:
Suicide, attempted suicide or self-inflicted injuries by the Participant, while sane or insane
Punishment of the Participant by the due process of law
Influence of alcohol, narcotics or drugs
The committing, or attempting to commit or the aiding or abetting by the Participant of any unlawful act even if, in doing so, there was no intention by the Participant to cause himself injury or sickness
Engaging in aviation other than as a fare paying passenger on a regular route of a licensed scheduled aircraft
Participant’s active participation in war (whether declared or not), civil war, insurrection, riot, terrorist act, mutiny, piracy, civil commotion, revolution, military or other acts of violence originating from any political activity, or any loss or damage, cost or expense directly or indirectly caused by, contributed to by, resulting from, or arising out of or in connection with biological, chemical, or nuclear explosion, pollution, contamination and/or fire following thereon
HIV infection/AIDS or any venereal disease
- Any form of aerial flight including light aircraft, monoplanes, ballooning, hang-gliding, parachuting, etc.
- Winter sports such as sleighing, ski jumping, ice hockey, etc.
- Water sports such as powerboats, water skiing, jet skiing, diving, etc.
- Horse riding activities such as hunting, jumping, polo, racing, etc.
- Climbing activities such as mountaineering, rock-climbing, potholing, abseiling, etc.
- Participation in any kind of power-vehicle race, rally or competition.
- Judo, boxing, karate, wrestling and other martial arts of any kind.
- Bungee jumping.