What is SABB Visa Direct?
SABB Visa Direct is a cross-border money transfer service offered through Visa International that allows SABB savings and current account customers to transfer money to any Visa debit, credit and prepaid cardholders abroad through SABBNET or any SABB ATM across Saudi Arabia.
Funds can be transferred and credited instantly to the beneficiary's card account if the recipient's card-issuing bank has the 'Fast Fund' feature. Once the beneficiary receives the funds, he or she can withdraw them through a Visa ATM or spend them through the Visa card at participating merchants. So, the beneficiary doesn't need to visit the bank or any other outlet to receive the funds.
When transferring money to 'non-Fast Fund' banks, it may take up to 48 hours (Two working days) for the funds to be credited to the card account.
Visa Direct money transfer features:
Visa Direct money transfer charges
- The Visa Direct money transfer service is a very competitively priced service, which offers customers much more than regular money transfer service operators and is even better valued than instant cash transfer services.
- The amount you send equals the amount the beneficiary will receive. You can enter an amount in Saudi Riyals, and the amount will be converted into the local currency of the beneficiary at very competitive rates and shown to you before you complete the transaction. There are no hidden charges.
- You also may enter the amount in the local currency of the beneficiary, and it will be converted at a very competitive rate. An equivalent amount in Saudi Riyals will be displayed to you. Again, there are no hidden charges.
How to access this service through SABB's banking channels:
In the following, you'll see step-by-step instructions on how to add a beneficiary and transfer money through the convenient Visa Direct service.
A. To make a transfer through SABBNET:
First, please log on to SABBNET. In case you are not registered with our SABBNET online banking service, please click here.
- Once you successfully logged on, select 'Transfer' from the list of services offered by SABBNET.
- Once you are on the 'Transfer' services menu, select 'New beneficiary'.
- Select 'Overseas - Visa Direct' from the drop-down menu.
- Provide the beneficiary name, Visa card number and country details.
- State the purpose of the money transfer by choosing one from the drop-down menu.
- Click on 'Save'.
- You will be taken to the next screen where a confirmation message regarding the saved beneficiary will be displayed. In addition, it will be indicated to you whether or not the beneficiary's bank has the 'Fast Fund' feature.
- Activate the beneficiary by calling SABB Direct. The beneficiary can be activated through SABB Direct.
- Once you have successfully activated the beneficiary, simply select this beneficiary from the list of beneficiaries for the transfer of funds.
- Just select the 'From Account' currency if you want to enter an amount in Saudi Riyals, or the 'To Account' currency if you want to enter an amount in the local currency of the beneficiary.
- In case you select Saudi Riyals as the currency, you will be shown the amount that will be transferred in the local currency of the beneficiary after the required conversion rate has been applied.
- In case you select the beneficiary's local currency, you will be shown the equivalent amount in Saudi Riyals after the amount has been converted from the local currency to Saudi Riyals.
- Enter the SMS code sent to your phone to complete the transfer.
- In case of a 'Fast Fund' transfer, funds will be credited to the beneficiary's account within a maximum of 30 minutes.
- In case of a 'non-Fast Fund' transfer, it may take up to 48 hours (Two working days) for the amount to be credited to the beneficiary's card account.
B. To make a transfer through SABB ATMs:
The SABB Visa Direct service also enables you to conveniently transfer money through SABB ATMs. First, add the beneficiary on SABBNET by following the above steps. Once you have saved the beneficiary, you may access it through SABB ATMs by following the below steps.
- Insert your SABB debit card into the card slot of the SABB ATM.
- Verify your PIN.
- Select 'Transfer' from the menu.
- Access the saved Visa Direct beneficiary.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer in Saudi Riyals or the beneficiary's local currency.
- Once done, you will be shown the amount that will be sent to the beneficiary in Saudi Riyals or the local currency.
- Enter the security code you received via SMS and press send.
- Depending on whether the beneficiary's bank has the 'Fast Fund' or 'non-Fast Fund' feature, your money will be transferred either instantly or within up to 48 hours (Two working days).
Important information about the countries that you can transfer money to:
Please go through the following information about the country that you wish to transfer money to. Because of the very high number of banks involved in the service, there might be some service limitations imposed by individual banks due to their system conditions or regulatory requirements. SABB will make its best effort to provide its customers with such information upfront.